The Allentown Art Museum of the Lehigh Valley is an art museum located in the city of Allentown, Pennsylvania, in the United States. It was founded in 1934 by a group organized by noted Pennsylvania impressionist painter, Walter Emerson Baum. With its collection of over 19,000 works of art, the Allentown Art Museum is a major regional art institution. In addition, its library and archives of more than 16,000 titles and 40 current periodicals make it an important regional cultural resource.
Wiltshire is a county in South West England with an area of 3,485 km2 . It is landlocked and borders the counties of Dorset, Somerset, Hampshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire. The county town was originally Wilton, after which the county is named, but Wiltshire Council is now based in the county town of Trowbridge. Within the county's boundary are two unitary authority areas, Wiltshire and Swindon, governed respectively by Wiltshire Council and Swindon Borough Council.
Wiltshire is characterised by its high downland and wide valleys. Salisbury Plain is noted for being the location of the Stonehenge and Avebury stone circles and other ancient landmarks, and as a training area for the British Army. The city of Salisbury is notable for its medieval cathedral. Important country houses open to the public include Longleat, near Warminster, and the National Trust's Stourhead, near Mere. It is a UNESCO Cultural and World Heritage site.
La Villa di Poggio Imperiale est un palais néo-classique florentin situé sur la magnifique colline d'Arcetri. Il a été déclaré Patrimoine mondial de l'Unesco en même temps que douze autres villas des Médicis le 23 juin 2013. Il ne renferme pas seulement de considérables trésors artistiques dans un dédale de salles toutes plus belles les unes que les autres, mais c'est aussi le siège de l'Educandato Statale della Santissima Annunziata depuis cent-cinquante ans .
L'université de Chichester est une université anglaise située dans le comté du Sussex de l'Ouest. Les campus se trouvent dans les villes de Chichester et de Bognor Regis.
Amsterdam University Library is the library of the University of Amsterdam and the Academic Medical Centre .
The central complex of the Library is in the town centre at Singel, close to Heiligeweg and Koningsplein. The Library's Special Collections are housed nearby at Oude Turfmarkt, next to UvA's Allard Pierson Museum. The Library also has a large book depot in the grounds of the AMC, with over 40.5 kilometers of books and other materials.
The foundation Friends of the Library of the University of Amsterdam regularly donates special manuscripts or rare editions to the library collection.
Le jardin des Tuileries, parfois appelé jardins des Tuileries au pluriel, est un parc parisien du 1er arrondissement créé au XVIe siècle, à l'emplacement d'anciennes tuileries qui lui ont donné son nom.
The Pickaquoy Centre is a multi-use leisure centre in Kirkwall, Orkney, Scotland. It has a 1,600 seat arena with bleacher style seating, which can be condensed and used as a sports hall, with room for two five a side football pitches. The football pitches host Orkney F.C. of the North Caledonian Football League and also the Orkney official football team. It also has a 247-seat cinema, numerous meeting rooms, health spa, gym, indoor and outdoor children's play areas, a cafe and bar. Outside, there is an All Weather Pitch, used for football and hockey, several grass pitches used for football and rugby and an athletics track. The centre also has a campsite within its grounds.
The Bishop's Palace and accompanying Bishops House at Wells in the English county of Somerset, is adjacent to Wells Cathedral and has been the home of the Bishops of the Diocese of Bath and Wells for 800 years. It has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade I listed building.
Building of the palace started around 1210 by Bishops Jocelin of Wells and Reginald Fitz Jocelin. The chapel and great hall were added by Bishop Robert Burnell between 1275 and 1292. The walls, gatehouse and moat were added in the 14th century by Bishop Ralph of Shrewsbury. The Bishops House was added in the 15th century by Bishop Thomas Beckington. The great hall later fell into disrepair and was partially demolished around 1830.
The palace was originally surrounded by a medieval deer park. When the walls were built, streams were diverted to form the moat as a reservoir. In the 1820s, the grounds within the walls were planted and laid out as pleasure grounds by Bishop George Henry Law, who created a reflecting pond near the springs. Parts of the buildings are still used as a residence by the current bishop, however much of the palace is now used for public functions and as a tourist attraction.
The Streetlife Museum of Transport is a transport museum located in Kingston upon Hull, England. The roots of the collection date back to the early 20th century, however the purpose-built museum the collection is housed in was opened in 1989 by the then Hull East MP, John Prescott. Core areas of the collection include Veteran cars, horse-drawn carriages and objects relating to local public transport.
The museum forms part of the Museums Quarter in Hull, based on the historic High Street in the Old Town of the city. The Museums Quarter comprises the Streetlife Museum, the Hull and East Riding Museum , the Arctic Corsair trawler and Wilberforce House Museum. The site is managed by Hull Museums, a department of Hull City Council on behalf of the people of the city.
Le St Thomas' Hospital est un important établissement de soins londonien appartenant au Service national de Santé . Il fait partie administrativement du Guy’s & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust et dispense des soins gratuits ou sous les auspices d'organisations de charité depuis le XIIe siècle. Il était situé à l'origine dans le borough de Southwark.
St. James' Church is a former Collegiate church in Antwerp, Belgium. The church is built on the site of a hostel for pilgrims to Santiago de Compostela. The present building is the work of the Waghemakere family and Rombout Keldermans, in Brabantine Gothic style. The church contains the grave of Peter Paul Rubens in the eastern chapel.
La Scuola del Santo ou Scoletta était le siège de l'archiconfrérie de saint Antoine de Padoue. Il surplombe le cimetière de la basilique Saint-Antoine de Padoue, à côté de l'Oratoire Saint-Georges.
La Confrérie a construit la Scoletta en 1427 et elle a été agrandie en 1504 avec la Sala Priorale décorée d'un cycle de quinze fresques et de trois toiles réalisées par le jeune Titien entre 1510 et 1511, Le Miracle du nouveau-né, Le Miracle du pied guéri et Le Miracle du mari jaloux. Les trois grandes fresques ont été réalisées entre avril et décembre 1511 dans la salle principale de la Scuola del Santo,.
La School of Oriental and African Studies , souvent appelée simplement par son acronyme SOAS, est une école constituante de l'université de Londres spécialisée dans les arts, humanités, langues, cultures, droit et sciences sociales en relation avec l'Asie, l'Afrique et le Proche-Orient. La SOAS propose environ trois cents variations de Bachelor et plus de soixante-dix cours de master. Les doctorats sont aussi proposés dans toutes les facultés de l'établissement. Située au cœur de Londres, la SOAS est souvent présentée comme « le meilleur centre de recherche au monde concernant les matières en relation avec l'Asie, l'Afrique et le Moyen-Orient ».