Chapelle Notre-Dame-de-la-Charité d'Illescas
La chapelle Notre-Dame-de-la-Charité est une église catholique d'Illescas, en Espagne dans la province de Tolède. Elle servait de chapelle à l'ancien hôpital de la Charité, construit en 1500.
Le musée d'art de Hiroshima est un musée fondé en 1978 et situé dans le parc central de Hiroshima au Japon. Ses collections sont centrées sur la peinture françaises , ainsi que les peintures à l'huile japonaises d'inspiration occidentale . Il se tient en bordure du parc central de Hiroshima, au nord du parc du Mémorial de la Paix, au 3-2 Motomachi, Naka-ku,.
Hill–Stead Museum is a Colonial Revival house and art museum set on a large estate at 35 Mountain Road in Farmington, Connecticut. It is best known for its French Impressionist masterpieces, architecture, and stately grounds. The property was designated a National Historic Landmark as a nationally significant example of Colonial Revival architecture, built in 1901 to designs that were the result of a unique collaboration between Theodate Pope Riddle, one of the United States' first female architects, and the renowned firm of McKim, Mead & White. The house was built for Riddle's father, Alfred Atmore Pope, and the art collection it houses was collected by Pope and Riddle.
The Heckscher Museum of Art is named after its benefactor, August Heckscher, who in 1920 donated 185 works of art to be housed in a new Beaux-Arts building located in Heckscher Park, in Huntington, New York. Today the museum has over 2000 works of art, focused mainly on American landscape paintings and work by Long Island artists, as well as featuring American and European modernism, and photography. The most famous painting in the collection is George Grosz’s “Eclipse of the Sun” .
The Harrow Museum, known as the Headstone Manor & Museum, is the local history museum for the London Borough of Harrow in northwest London, England.
Harrow Arts Centre is a professional arts venue in the London Borough of Harrow. HAC is located in Hatch End, Harrow, North London, in the Elliott Hall and other buildings that were previously part of the Royal Commercial Travellers School. It is the only dedicated performing arts venue in the borough.
Guildford ) is a town in Surrey, England, 27 miles southwest of London on the A3 trunk road midway between the capital and Portsmouth.The town has a population of about 80,000 and is the seat of the wider Borough of Guildford which had an estimated 147,889 inhabitants in 2018.Guildford has Saxon roots and historians attribute its location to the existence of a gap in the North Downs where the River Wey was forded by the Harrow Way. By AD 978 it was home to an early English Royal Mint. The building of the Wey Navigation and the Basingstoke Canal in the 17th and 18th centuries, respectively, connected Guildford to a network of waterways that aided its prosperity. In the 20th century, the University of Surrey and the Anglican Guildford Cathedral were added.Due to recent development running north from Guildford, and linking to the Woking area, Guildford now officially forms the southwestern tip of the Greater London Built-up Area, as defined by the Office for National Statistics.
Greenwich Heritage Centre was a museum and local history resource centre in Woolwich, south-east London, England. It was established in 2003 by the London Borough of Greenwich and was run from 2014 by the Royal Greenwich Heritage Trust until the centre's closure in July 2018. The museum was based in a historic building in Artillery Square, in the Royal Arsenal complex, which was established in the 17th century as a repository and manufactory of heavy guns, ammunition and other military ware.
The Gibbes Museum of Art, formerly known as the Gibbes Art Gallery, is an art museum in Charleston, South Carolina. Established as the Carolina Art Association in 1858, the museum moved into a new Beaux Arts building at 135 Meeting Street, in the Charleston Historic District, in 1905. The Gibbes houses a premier collection of over 10,000 works of fine art, principally American works, many with a connection to Charleston or the South. The benefactor, James Shoolbred Gibbes, donated $100,000 to the Carolina Arts Association upon his death in 1899 for the "erection of a suitable building for the exhibitions of paintings." Receipt of the money by the city, however, was delayed by a will contest filed by nieces and nephews of Gibbes. Their case was heard in the state court of New York during 1900 and 1901. On December 6, 1901, the New York Supreme Court issued an opinion declaring that the gift to Charleston was valid. Receiving the money in 1903, the Association hired Frank Pierce Milburn to design the gallery. His design included a Tiffany-style dome, Doric columns and pediment capped windows and doors. Milburn completed the drawings of the building in mid-1903, and a drawing of the proposed building appeared in the Charleston Evening Post on June 5, 1903. Notices were published seeking contractors' bids for the work starting in August 1903. In September 1903, H.T. Zacharias was selected as the contractor and received a contract for $73,370 for the building. Zacharias started work on September 28, 1903, removing the remains of the South Carolina Agricultural Hall which had occupied the lot. Although work on the foundations had begun already, a ceremony was held on December 8, 1903, to lay the cornerstone of the building at the northeast corner.The museum formally opened on April 11, 1905. The collection on display on the opening day included more than 300 pictures, many bronzes, and about 200 miniatures in addition to an "instructive collection" of Japanese prints. After closing for an extensive two-year, $13.5 million renovation, the museum reopened to the public on May 28, 2016. In renovating the museum, the development teams took inspiration from the original blueprints discovered in the City of Charleston archives in 2008 to return the building to its 1905 Beaux Arts style layout. The renovation of the first floor features a creative education center that engages the public through classrooms, artist studios, lecture and event spaces, a café and a museum store. The rear reception area opens to the garden, part of Charleston’s historic Gateway Walk founded by the Garden Club of Charleston. Serving as a creative gathering place for the community, the entire ground floor of the museum is admission-free. The newly expanded and renovated galleries on the second and third floors provide a 30 percent increase in gallery space to showcase more than 600 works of art from the permanent collection. State-of-the-art storage facilities feature a closely connected research room to provide ample space for scholars to more easily access and study works from the collection. Observation windows offer visitors a behind-the-scenes view of the work of curators and conservators. The Gibbes’ renowned collection of more than 300 miniature portraits are housed in innovative display cases and open storage cabinetry to allow an up-close view for visitors. The museum's collections include the work of numerous artists with connections to Charleston; among them are Henrietta Johnston, Mary Roberts, Charles Fraser, William Melton Halsey, Ned I.R. Jennings, and Jeremiah Theus. The museum also has photographs by George LaGrange Cook.
The Georgia Museum of Art is an art museum in Athens, Georgia, United States, associated with the University of Georgia . The museum is both an academic museum and, since 1982, the official art museum of the state of Georgia. The permanent collection consists of American paintings, primarily 19th- and 20th-century; American, European and Asian works on paper; the Samuel H. Kress Study Collection of Italian Renaissance paintings; growing collections of southern decorative arts and Asian art; and a strong collection of works by African American artists. It numbers more than 12,000 works, growing every year.The Georgia Museum opened on UGA's North Campus in 1948, in a building that now houses the university president's office, then moved to the Performing and Visual Arts Complex on UGA's East Campus in 1996. In 2011, it completed an extensive expansion and remodeling of its building, paid for entirely with externally raised funds and designed by Gluckman Mayner Architects, New York, that has allowed it to display its permanent collection continually. The museum offers programming for patrons of all ages, from child to senior citizen, as well as free admission to the public for all exhibitions. It organizes its own exhibitions in-house, creates traveling exhibitions for other museums and galleries and plays host to traveling exhibitions from around the country and the globe. The museum strives, most of all, to fulfill the legacy of its founder, Alfred Heber Holbrook, and provide art for everyone, removing barriers to accessibility and seeking to foster an open, educational and inspiring environment for students, scholars and the general public. The foundation of the museum's collection, the Eva Underhill Holbrook Memorial Collection of American Art, a collection of 100 American paintings, was donated to UGA in 1945 by Holbrook in memory of his first wife. Included in this collection are works by such luminaries as Frank Weston Benson, William Merritt Chase, Stuart Davis, Arthur Dove, Georgia O’Keeffe, Childe Hassam, Winslow Homer, Jacob Lawrence, and Theodore Robinson.
Le Palazzo Reale ou le Palazzo Stefano Balbi est un bâtiment historique situé dans l'homonyme via Balbi du centre historique de Gênes. Situé non loin de l'université et de la gare de Gênes-Piazza-Principe, il fait partie d'un important complexe architectural des XVIIe et XVIIIe siècles où sont conservées intactes les décorations intérieures et le mobilier. Depuis le 13 juillet 2006, le palais Royal fait partie des 42 palais des Rolli inscrits dans la liste du patrimoine mondial de l'humanité de l'UNESCO.
Le Grand Trianon ou Trianon de marbre est un château que Louis XIV fait construire en 1687 par Louis le Vau à proximité de Versailles en France, au sein du parc du château de Versailles. L’extérieur du bâtiment est construit en marbre rose qui lui confère le nom de « Trianon de marbre », par opposition au Trianon de porcelaine qui l'a précédé au même emplacement. Le Grand Trianon est composé d'une cour, d'un palais, et d'un ensemble de jardins et de bassins : il comporte à son entrée une grande cour dénommée la Cour d'honneur, encadrée par un bâtiment divisé en deux ailes reliées par une galerie à colonnes portant le nom de « péristyle ». L'aile droite est prolongée par une aile perpendiculaire appelée Trianon-sous-Bois. Le bâtiment donne sur un ensemble de jardins à la française et de bassins, dont le bassin Plat fond, le bassin dit « à oreilles » et le bassin du Fer-à-cheval. Il a été le lieu de résidence ou de séjour de plusieurs figures royales françaises ou étrangères, dont Louis XIV, Pierre Ier de Russie ou encore Marie Leszczyńska, épouse de Louis XV. Plus récemment y ont séjourné le général de Gaulle, ou des chefs d'État étrangers en visite officielle en France, comme le président américain Richard Nixon en 1969, ou la reine du Royaume-Uni Élisabeth II en 1972. Classé avec le château de Versailles et ses dépendances au titre des monuments historiques par la liste de 1862 et par arrêté du 31 octobre 1906, il est également inscrit au patrimoine mondial de l’Unesco depuis 1979. L'ensemble est aujourd'hui ouvert au public dans le cadre du musée national des châteaux de Versailles et de Trianon.
Le château de Fyvie est un château situé dans le village de Fyvie, dans l’Aberdeenshire en Écosse.
La Fine Art Society est une galerie d'art de Londres et d'Édimbourg. Fondée en février 1876, située New Bond Street à Londres, elle a fermé ses portes en août 2018. La façade d'entrée a été conçue en 1881 par Edward William Godwin .
Erddig Hall is a Grade-I listed National Trust property in Wrexham, Wales. Located 2 miles south of Wrexham town centre, it comprises a country house built during the 17th and 18th centuries amidst a 1,900 acre estate, which includes a 1,200-acre landscaped pleasure park and the earthworks of a Norman motte-and-bailey castle. Erddig is one of the finest stately homes in the United Kingdom. It is particularly celebrated as 'the most evocative Upstairs Downstairs house in Britain' due to the well-rounded view it presents of the lifestyles of all of its occupants, family and staff. The eccentric Yorke family had an unusual relationship with their staff and celebrated their servants in a large and unique collection of portraits and poems. This collection, coupled with well-preserved servants' rooms and an authentic laundry, bake house, sawmill, and smithy, provides an unparalleled view of how 18th to 20th century servants lived.The state rooms contain fine furniture, textiles and wallpapers and the fully restored walled garden is one of the most important surviving 18th century gardens in Britain.In 2003, Erddig was voted by readers of the Radio Times and viewers of the Channel 5 television series Britain's Finest Stately Homes as "Britain's second finest". In September 2007 it was voted the UK's "favourite Historic House" and the "8th most popular historic site" in the UK by Britain's Best.
Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane est une galerie d'art fondée par le Dublin City Council et située dans la Charlemont House à Dublin, en Irlande. Charlemont House était à l'origine la demeure du premier Comte de Charlemont lorsqu'il venait en ville et a été dessinée par Sir William Chambers. Auparavant connu sous le nom de « Municipal Gallery of Modern Art », le musée s'appelle maintenant officiellement la « Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane », souvent simplifié en « The Hugh Lane ». La galerie a été fondée par Hugh Lane sur Harcourt Street en 1908 et est la première galerie d'art moderne publique connue au monde. Depuis son déménagement sur Parnell Street, le musée comporte une collection permanente et abrite des expositions temporaires, la plupart du temps, des expositions d'artistes contemporains irlandais. Le studio de Francis Bacon a été reconstruit dans la galerie en 2001. Celle-ci a fermé pour rénovations en 2004 et rouvert en 2006. Elle s'est agrandie d'une extension dessinée par « Gilroy McMahon Architects » et Buro Happold, abritant, entre autres, une salle consacrée aux œuvres de Sean Scully. Pour le moment, l'intégralité de la collection léguée par Hugh Lane est exposée dans la galerie.
Le château de Drum est proche du village de Drumoak dans l'Aberdeenshire, région du nord de l'Écosse. Le nom de Drum vient du gaélique druim, "crête". Le château a été pendant plusieurs siècles le siège du chef du Clan Irvine.
Darwin College est un des 31 collèges de l’Université de Cambridge au Royaume-Uni. Il est situé sur la rive gauche de la Cam qui traverse la ville de Cambridge. Fondé en 1964, il fut le premier collège à n’accepter uniquement que des « postgraduate students », c’est-à-dire des étudiants en Master ou en Ph.D. . Aujourd’hui, Clare Hall College est le second collège à n’accepter que des postgraduate students. Ce collège fut nommé en l’honneur de la famille Darwin qui jadis possédait les terres sur lesquelles il fut construit. Comme tous les collèges de l’Université de Cambridge, Darwin est jumelé à un collège de l’Université d'Oxford, Wolfson College.