Nuffield College is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Oxford in England. It is a graduate college and specialises in the social sciences, particularly economics, politics and sociology. Nuffield is one of Oxford's newer colleges, having been founded in 1937, as well as one of the smallest, with around 75 postgraduate students and 60 academic fellows. It was also the first Oxford college to accept both men and women, having been coeducational since its foundation.Its architecture is designed to conform to the traditional college layout and its modernist spire is a landmark for those approaching Oxford from the west.
As of 2018, the college had an estimated financial endowment of £233.6m. Due to its small intake, it was the wealthiest educational institution per student in the world as of 2013. Since 2017, Nuffield has committed to underwriting funding for all new students accepted to the college.
Musgrove Park Hospital is a large NHS hospital located in Taunton, Somerset, England, run by Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. Originally a US Army General Hospital during the Second World War, it became an NHS hospital in 1951.
The Museum of the City of New York is a history and art museum in Manhattan, New York City, New York. It was founded by Henry Collins Brown, in 1923 to preserve and present the history of New York City, and its people. It is located at 1220–1227 Fifth Avenue between East 103rd to 104th Streets, across from Central Park in Manhattan's Upper East Side, at the northern end of the Museum Mile section of Fifth Avenue.
The red brick with marble trim museum was built in 1929–30 and was designed by Joseph H. Freedlander in the neo-Georgian style, with statues of Alexander Hamilton and DeWitt Clinton by sculptor Adolph Alexander Weinman facing Central Park from niches in the facade.The museum is a private non-profit organization which receives government support as a member of New York City's Cultural Institutions Group, commonly known as "CIG"s. Its other sources of income are endowments, admission fees, and contributions.The museum is hosting the "New York At Its Core" permanent exhibition, the first-ever museum presentation of New York City's full history.
The Museum of English Rural Life, also known as the MERL, is a museum, library and archive dedicated to recording the changing face of farming and the countryside in England. It houses designated collections of national importance that span the full range of objects, archives, photographs, film and books. It is also the location of the University of Reading's special collections archive, housing hundreds of collections of rare books, manuscripts, typescripts and other objects of importance.
The museum is run by the University of Reading, and is situated in Redlands Road to the rear of the institution's London Road Campus near to the centre of Reading in southern England. The location was formerly known as East Thorpe House and then St. Andrews Hall. It is an accredited museum and accredited archive as recognised by Arts Council England and the National Archives.
The Museum of Santa Cruz is a 16th century building in the city of Toledo, Spain, which was originally an important hospital , eventually becoming a museum in the 19th century.
The hospital was founded by Cardinal Mendoza at the end of the 15th century to centralize assistance to orphaned and abandoned children in the city. It has a remarkable Plateresque portal, work of Alonso de Covarrubias. The building has a Greek cross plan and four courtyards, two of which were completely completed. The first is of Covarrubias and gives access to the upper floor through a three-ladder staircase.
The museum has two floors. The cruiser covers the two floors and is covered with ribbed vaults. In the north arm was located the chapel. The museum has sections of Archeology, Fine Arts and Decorative Arts. The Fine Arts funds are distributed on the first and second floor of the building, and those of archeology, in the Noble Cloister and in an underground floor. The Decorative Arts have a sample of Toledan folk handicrafts, which is also located on the floor of the basement.
The Civic Museum of Palazzo Mosca is the main civic museum of Pesaro, displaying art and decorative works, located in Piazza Mosca in this town of the region of the Marche, Italy.
O Museu do Petit Palais é um museu de arte de Avinhão, França.
O edifício onde se instala é chamado de Petit Palais para distingui-lo do grande Palácio dos Papas que fica próximo. Foi construído pelo cardeal Bérenger de Frédol, o Velho, aproximadamente entre 1318 e 1320. Em sua morte o palácio foi adquirido pelo cardeal-sobrinho Arnaud de Via, sobrinho do Papa João XXII, junto com outros prédios. Após a morte do proprietário o palácio permaneceu vago até que o Papa Bento XII o comprou para ali instalar a sede do bispado local. A construção foi então restaurada e ampliada com um claustro.
Durante o Grande Cisma do Ocidente o palácio foi fortificado e serviu como uma cidadela, mas foi bombardeado e sofreu pesados danos. Sua forma atual data do século XVI, graças às intervenções ordenadas pelos bispos Alain de Coëtivy e seu sucessor Giuliano della Rovere, futuro papa Júlio II, que mandaram adornar as fachadas seguindo o estilo renascentista. O palácio foi secularizado e vendido durante a Revolução Francesa e no século XIX se tornou uma escola. Em 1961 o prédio foi restaurado pelo arquiteto Jean Sonnier, suprimindo-se os acréscimos realizados durante sua ocupação anterior, e a partir de 1976 passou a servir como sede do museu.O Museu do Petit Palais abriga uma das mais importantes coleções de arte gótica e renascentista italiana fora da Itália, e um bom conjunto de peças regionais do mesmo período, um acervo que foi formado a partir de outras duas coleções: a do Museu Calvet, que contribuiu com peças oriundas da região de Avinhão, e a Coleção Campana, reunida por Giampietro Campana, um importante colecionador italiano do século XIX. Rico proprietário de terras, industrial e banqueiro papal, tinha interesses enciclopédicos e adquiriu antiguidades e objetos de arte, totalizando quase 15 mil itens. Sua coleção ganhou renome internacional mas os fundos de Campana, todos empregados em sua paixão colecionista, esgotaram, causando a ruína do banco e também a sua. Em 1857 ele acabou preso por uma dívida de um milhão de escudos. Condenado a vinte anos de cárcere, por intervenção de Napoleão III sua sentença foi comutada em degredo perpétuo e confisco de bens. No processo, sua coleção de arte foi comprada pela França e instalada no Palais de l'Industrie, em Paris. Entretanto, o Palais de l'Industrie foi fechado logo depois e sua coleção, dispersa. Parte dela foi reagrupada em 1976 para formar o atual museu. Além de exibir seu acervo próprio, o Museu realiza exposições temporárias de arte antiga e contemporânea, bem como outras atividades educativas.
The Musée de l'Œuvre Notre-Dame is the city of Strasbourg's museum for Upper Rhenish fine arts and decorative arts, dating from the early Middle Ages until 1681. The museum is famous for its collection of original sculptures, glass windows, architectural fragments, as well as the building plans of Strasbourg Cathedral. It has a considerable collection of works by Peter Hemmel von Andlau, Niclas Gerhaert van Leyden, Nikolaus Hagenauer, Ivo Strigel, Konrad Witz, Hans Baldung and Sebastian Stoskopff.
The Musée Courbet or Courbet Museum is a museum dedicated to the French painter Gustave Courbet. It is located in Ornans in the Doubs-Franche-Comté area of France.
The Mint Museum is a cultural institution in Charlotte, North Carolina, that comprises Mint Museum Randolph and Mint Museum Uptown. Together these two locations have hundreds of collections showcasing art and design from around the globe.
In 2018, The Mint Museum announced Todd A. Herman, PhD, former Executive Director at The Arkansas Arts Center, as the new president and CEO. Bruce LaRowe, former Executive Director of Children's Theatre of Charlotte, was the Interim CEO on June 21, 2017. He assumed the role after the end of Dr. Kathleen V. Jameson's presidency in 2017.
The Mercer Museum is a museum located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States. The Bucks County Historical Society operates the Mercer Museum, as well as the Research Library, and Fonthill Castle, former home of the museum's founder, archeologist Henry Chapman Mercer. The museum was individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972, and was later included in a National Historic Landmark District along with the Moravian Pottery and Tile Works and Fonthill. These three structures are the only poured-in-place concrete structures built by Mercer.
The Lyman Allyn Art Museum is located in New London, Connecticut and was founded in 1926 by Lyman Allyn's daughter Harriet Upson Allyn. Its collection includes European and non-Western art as well as American fine and decorative art, 17th-century European works on paper, 19th-century American paintings, and contemporary art. The museum also conducts educational programs.The Deshon-Allyn House on the museum's campus is a Federal style house built in 1829 by Daniel Deshon, sold to Lyman Allyn, and occupied by various members of his family. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.