The Sanctuary of Santa Maria della Vita is a late-Baroque-style, Roman Catholic church in central Bologna, near the Piazza Maggiore.
Sant'Agnese in Agone é uma igreja barroca do século XVII localizada em Roma, na Itália. Ela está de frente para a Piazza Navona, um dos principais espaços urbanos do centro histórico da cidade e é o local onde Santa Inês, a quem dedicada, foi martirizada, o antigo Estádio de Domiciano, cujo traçado ainda se percebe no formato da Piazza. A reconstrução da igreja iniciou-se em 1652 sob ordens do papa Inocêncio X, cujo palácio, o Palazzo Pamphili, também dava de frente para a piazza e era vizinho ao local da nova igreja, que se tornaria para todos os efeitos uma capela da família anexa à residência). Para isso, uma abertura se abriu no domo para que eles pudessem participar dos serviços religiosos sem sair do palácio. Diversos arquitetos se envolveram na construção da igreja, incluindo Girolamo Rainaldi e seu filho Carlo Rainaldi, e dois dos mais importantes arquitetos barrocos da época: Francesco Borromini e o escultor Gian Lorenzo Bernini. O nome desta igreja não tem relação com a "agonia" da mártir: in agone era o antigo nome da Piazza Navona e significa, ao invés disso, "no local das competições" , pois a Piazza Navona foi construída no local de um antigo estádio romano de modelo grego utilizado para corridas a pé. De in agone, o uso popular e a pronúncia mudou o nome para "Navona", mas outras ruas da região mantiveram o nome original. O cardeal-presbítero pro hac vice de Santa Inês em Agonia é Lorenzo Antonetti.
Igreja de São Pantaleão (Veneza)
A Igreja de São Pantaleão é um edifício religioso situado no Campo San Pantalon, não muito longe do Campo Santa Margherita, no sestiere de Dorsoduro , pertencente ao patriarcado de Veneza. A última reconstrução foi feita em 1668, consagrando-se o edifício em 1745. Pantalon é a denominação na língua véneta do nome de um santo mártir. O edifício é de origens antigas, mas ignora-se a data precisa da fundação. Em 1009, sendo doge de Veneza Ottone Orseolo, foi reconstruída pela família Giordani e posteriormente sofreu novas reformas e consagrações. A aparência actual deve-se à reconstrução iniciada em 1668 sobre projeto de Francesco Comino, quando a antiga igreja foi demolida por ser perigosa. foi inaugurada definitivamente em 1745, ano em que foi novamente consagrada pelo patriarca Alvise Foscari. Enquanto centro paroquial, São Pantaleão está atualmente compreendida no Vicariato de San Polo-Santa Croce-Dorsoduro, parte do Patriarcado de Veneza. A circunscrição da paróquia era muito vasta, mas em 1810 reduziu-se bastante com a instituição das paróquias dos Frari e da Santa Maria dei Carmini, e com a ampliação da paróquia de São Nicolau de Tolentino. A fachada ficou incompleta.
San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore
San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore is a church in Milan, northern Italy. It was originally attached to the most important female convent of the Benedictines in the city, Monastero Maggiore, which is now in use as the Civic Archaeological Museum. The church today is used every Sunday from October to June to celebrate in the Byzantine Rite, in Greek according to the Italo-Albanian tradition. It is also used as concert hall.
Museu de Arte Moderna de São Francisco
O Museu de Arte Moderna de São Francisco é um museu de arte moderna localizado em São Francisco, Califórnia, Estados Unidos. Uma organização sem fins lucrativos, o SFMOMA possui uma coleção internacionalmente reconhecida de arte moderna e contemporânea e foi o primeiro museu da Costa Oeste dedicado exclusivamente à arte do século XX. A coleção atual do museu inclui mais de 33.000 obras de pintura, escultura, fotografia, arquitetura, design e artes da mídia. Eles são exibidos em 16.000 metros quadrados de espaço para exposições, tornando o museu um dos maiores nos Estados Unidos em geral e um dos maiores do mundo para a arte moderna e contemporânea.O SFMOMA reabriu em 14 de maio de 2016, após um grande projeto de expansão que durou três anos. A reforma mais que dobrou os espaços de galeria do museu e oferece quase seis vezes mais espaço público do que o prédio anterior, permitindo que o SFMOMA exiba uma coleção ampliada, juntamente com a coleção de arte contemporânea de Doris e Donald Fisher.
San Clemente al Laterano ou Basílica de São Clemente é uma igreja titular e basílica menor de Roma, Itália, dedicada ao papa São Clemente I. Arqueologicamente falando, a estrutura é um complexo composto por três edifícios um sobre o outro: a basílica atual, construída pouco antes do ano 1100, no auge da Idade Média; abaixo dela está uma basílica do século IV construída com base na casa de um nobre romano, parte da qual foi utilizada como igreja doméstica por um breve período no século I e cujo porão serviu como um mitreu, também por um curto período, no século II; e a casa de um nobre romano construída sobre as fundações de um edifício da era republicana destruído no Grande Incêndio de Roma em 64 d.C.
The Royal Veterinary College is a veterinary school located in London and a constituent college of the federal University of London. The RVC was founded in 1791 and joined the University of London in 1949. It is the oldest and largest Veterinary school in the United Kingdom, and one of only nine in the country where students can study to become a vet.
The Royal College of Nursing is a membership organisation and trade union with 450,000 members in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1916, receiving its royal charter in 1928. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is the patron. The majority of members are registered nurses; however student nurses and healthcare assistants are also members. There is also a category of membership, at a reduced cost, for retired people. The RCN describes its mission as representing nurses and nursing, promoting excellence in practice and shaping health policies. It has a network of stewards, safety representatives and union learning representatives as well as advice services for members. Services include a main library in London and regional libraries around the country. The RCN Institute also provides courses for nurses.
Roy Miles was a colourful London art dealer who was one of the first dealers to recognise the commercial potential of the art of the former Soviet block.Born Roy Marsh in Liverpool, Roy took his step-father's name of Miles and moved to London at an early age to work for an antique dealer. He quickly changed to hairdressing and owned a salon in London's West End. In the late 1960s he began in business as an art dealer. Miles specialised first in British Victorian art and later toured the former Soviet Union buying Socialist Realist art that he sold for a huge markup. In the 1970s and 80s he was able to capitalise on the rising status of London as an art centre and his innate entrepreneurial skills and flair for self-publicity. Miles' parties at his various galleries became legendary social events, and Miles was associated with names such as Rudolf Nureyev, Edward Heath, Lord Forte, Raine Spencer, Ossie Clark, the Duke of Devonshire and Jonathan Aitken.Publicity material, correspondence, photographs, visitors' books and printed material from the Roy Miles Gallery c. 1973 to 1998 forms part of the collection of the Tate Gallery Archive.
Healthcare in Devon is now the responsibility of the two clinical commissioning groups, one covering Northern, Eastern and Western Devon , and one covering South Devon and Torbay. It was announced in November 2018 that the two were to merge.
The Robert McLaughlin Gallery is a public art gallery in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. It is the largest public art gallery in the Regional Municipality of Durham, of which Oshawa is a part. The gallery houses a significant collection of Canadian contemporary and modern artwork. Housed in a building designed by noted Canadian architect Arthur Erickson, the collection focuses on works by Painters Eleven, who were founded in the Oshawa studio of Painters Eleven member Alexandra Luke.
The Reading Public Museum, in West Reading, Pennsylvania, has displays featuring science and civilizations, a planetarium and a 25-acre arboretum. It also offers educational programs for families, adults and children. Galleries feature an eclectic variety from art, armor, and artifacts of world civilizations, to natural history and the cultures of Native Americans and Pennsylvania Germans.
Poole Hospital is an acute general hospital in Poole, Dorset, England. Built in 1907, it has expanded from a basic 14-bed facility into a 789-bed NHS foundation trust hospital. It is the trauma centre for east Dorset and provides specialist services such as cancer treatment for the entire county.
Ponte de Santo Ângelo ou Ponte Élio é uma ponte sobre o rio Tibre, em Roma, construída entre 134 e 199 pelo imperador romano Adriano.
A Fontana di Trevi é a maior e mais ambiciosa construção de fontes barrocas da Itália e está localizada no rione Trevi, em Roma. A fonte está encostada na fachada do Palazzo Poli.
Piazza Barberini é uma grande praça no centro histórico de Roma, Itália, localizada no monte Quirinal. Foi criada no século XVI, mas muitos dos seus edifícios originais foram reconstruídos depois disto.
The Peale Museum, officially the Municipal Museum of the City of Baltimore, was a museum of paintings and natural history, located in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. It occupied the first building in the Western Hemisphere to be designed and built specifically as a museum. The museum was created by Charles Willson Peale and his son Rembrandt Peale . It functioned separately as Baltimore City's historical museum while the original structure was being rebuilt, restored, and renovated in 1930–1931, and then merged with other historic sites, houses and museums in the early 1980s under the expansive efforts of a new executive director, with the name of the Baltimore City Life Museums and a broader mission in conjunction with the other historical locations/sites/structures in Baltimore. After opening a new three-story exhibition gallery, uniquely using the old cast-iron façade of the razed Fava Fruit Company and being re-assembled on the new structure facing North Front Street and the parallel new President Street boulevard , the new gallery and the B.C.L.M. ran into financial difficulties in the first year after the grand opening, coincidentally during the bicentennial celebration of Baltimore's establishment as a city. The Peale branch of the City Life Museums closed with the other branches, historic houses and sites later in 1997, after being refused a one-year extension of its five-year subsidy of about $300,000 annually by then Mayor Kurt Schmoke. Its large collections from over 66 years of original existence were disassembled, transferred and handed over to the Maryland Historical Society, founded 1844, now located on the city block on the southwest corner of West Monument Street and Park Avenue, centered in the old Enoch Pratt Mansion and adjacent research library and museum exhibition areas building. The building was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1965.Today, the museum is being renovated and relaunched as the Peale Center for Baltimore History and Architecture through a partnership between Baltimore's Department of General Services, which owns the building, and the Board of the Peale Center for Baltimore History and Architecture, a 501 tax-exempt, non-profit corporation. It is closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but anticipates re-opening soon.
Parmiter's School is a co-educational state comprehensive school with academy status in Garston, Hertfordshire, close to the outskirts of North West London, England with a long history. Although the school admits pupils of all abilities it is partially selective. It is currently the most oversubscribed school in Hertfordshire, and has often been recognised by the DfES for being one of the highest performing schools in the country by value added and score as a mixed ability school.