Other uses of La Verna include: La Verna cave and Laverna.
La Verna, in Latin Alverna and geographically known as Monte Penna, is a locality on Mount Penna, an isolated mountain of 1,283 metres situated in the centre of the Tuscan Apennines, rising above the valley of the Casentino, central Italy. The place is known especially for its association with Saint Francis of Assisi and for the Sanctuary of La Verna , which grew up in his honour. Administratively it falls within the Tuscan province of Arezzo and the comune of Chiusi della Verna, Italy.
The Sanctuary of La Verna, located a few kilometers from Chiusi della Verna , in the National Park of Casentino Forests, Mount Falterona and Campigna, is famous for being the place where St. Francis of Assisi would receive the stigmata on September 14, 1224. Built in the southern part of Mount Penna at 1,128 metres high, the Sanctuary is home to numerous chapels and places of prayer and meditation
In August 1921 Pope Benedict XV elevated the church to the status of minor basilica.
Chester Castle is in the city of Chester, Cheshire, England. It is sited at the southwest extremity of the area bounded by the city walls. The castle stands on an eminence overlooking the River Dee. In the castle complex are the remaining parts of the medieval castle together with the neoclassical buildings designed by Thomas Harrison which were built between 1788 and 1813. Parts of the neoclassical buildings are used today as Crown Courts and as a military museum. The museum and the medieval remains are a tourist attraction.
Ca' Rezzonico est un palais situé à Venise, sur le Grand Canal.
Aujourd'hui, c'est un musée consacré au XVIIIe siècle à Venise.
Sa construction fut dirigée par l'architecte Baldassare Longhena jusqu'à sa mort, en 1682, puis achevée par Giorgio Massari en 1756.
Le Brücke-Museum , c'est-à-dire le musée du mouvement Die Brücke, possède des œuvres majeures des artistes de ce célèbre mouvement expressionniste né à Dresde : Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Karl Schmidt-Rottluff, Erich Heckel et Fritz Bleyl, mais aussi de leurs amis : Emil Nolde, Max Pechstein, Otto Müller.
The Bournemouth and Poole College is a well established educational provider which delivers further education, higher education and community based courses in Bournemouth and in Poole on the south coast of England. It is one of the larger British colleges with thousands of learners each year.
The Picture Gallery in the park of Sanssouci palace in Potsdam was built in 1755–64 during the reign of Frederick II of Prussia under the supervision of Johann Gottfried Büring. The Picture Gallery is situated east of the palace and is the oldest extant museum built for a ruler in Germany.
La bibliothèque universitaire nationale de Turin est l'une des plus importantes bibliothèques italiennes. Son siège est situé sur la place Carlo Alberto, devant le palais Carignano. Elle a été entièrement reconstruite entre 1958 et 1973 car détruite pendant la Seconde Guerre mondiale.
La bibliothèque est une propriété du Ministère pour les Biens et Activités culturels et participe au réseau des bibliothèques italiennes, le Service de la bibliothèque nationale .
L'abbaye bénédictine d'Ottobeuren, dédiée à saint Alexandre et saint Théodore, a été fondée en 764 par Silach, un noble de l'époque carolingienne. Mille ans plus tard, elle était assez riche pour s'offrir un des plus beaux édifices baroques de Bavière. Elle est basilique mineure depuis 1926 et fait partie de la congrégation bénédictine de Bavière.
La Galerie d'art Beaverbrook est le musée d'art provincial du Nouveau-Brunswick . Elle est située dans la capitale, Fredericton. La galerie a été fondée en 1958 par Max Aitken, 1er baron de Beaverbrook. Ses deux œuvres les plus connues sont Santiago el Grande de Salvador Dalí et The Fountain of Indolence de Joseph Mallord William Turner.
The Bassetlaw Museum is a museum in Retford, Nottinghamshire which documents the history of North Nottinghamshire from the earliest times to the present day. It is situated on Grove Street, Retford.
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, commonly known as Barts, is a medical and dental school in London, England. The school is part of Queen Mary University of London, a constituent college of the federal University of London, and a member of the United Hospitals. It was formed in 1995 by the merger of the London Hospital Medical College and St Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College .
The school exists on two main sites, having a presence at the site of both of the former colleges at and near their respective hospitals, St Bartholomew's Hospital , and the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel with an additional site at Queen Mary's main campus.As of 2018, the school had 2,235 undergraduate and 1,175 postgraduate students, for a total of 3,410 students.
Le baptistère de Parme est un monument chrétien dédicacé à saint Jean-Baptiste et destiné au rite baptismal ; disposant d’un autel il est également une église. Il se trouve sur la place commune à la cathédrale et au palais épiscopal de Parme, dans la région italienne de l’Émilie-Romagne.
Il est l’œuvre de Benedetto Antelami et un magnifique exemple de la transition entre l’art roman et l’art gothique italien.
Bantock House Museum and Park, is a museum of Edwardian life and local history, with 48 acres of surrounding parkland in Wolverhampton, England. It is named after Alderman Baldwin and Kitty Bantock who once lived there. It is run by Wolverhampton City Council's Arts and Museums service.
Attingham Park is an English country house and estate in Shropshire. Located near the village of Atcham, on the B4380 Shrewsbury to Wellington road. It is owned by the National Trust. It is a Grade I listed building.
Attingham Park was built in 1785 for Noel Hill, 1st Baron Berwick, who received his title in 1784 during the premiership of Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger. Noel Hill was a politician who aided William Pitt in the restructuring of the East India Company. Noel Hill already owned a house on the site of Attingham Park called Tern Hall, but with money he received along with his title he commissioned the architect George Steuart to design a new and grander house to be built around the original hall. The new country house encompassed the old property entirely, and once completed it was given the name Attingham Hall.The Estate comprises roughly 4,000 acres, but during the early 1800s extended to twice that amount at 8,000 acres . The extensive 640 acres parkland and gardens of Attingham have a Grade II* Listed status. Over 470,000 people visited the house in 2017/18, placing it as the fourth most popular National Trust house.Across the 640 acre parkland there are five Grade II* listed buildings, including the stable block, the Tern Lodge toll house which can be seen on the B4380, and two bridges that span the River Tern. There are also twelve Grade II listed structures including the retaining walls of the estate, the bee house, the ice house, the walled garden, the ha-ha, which can be seen in the front of the mansion, and the Home Farm.