Llanbedrog is a village and community on the Llŷn peninsula of Gwynedd in Wales. It is situated on the south side of the peninsula on the A499 between Pwllheli and Abersoch. Formerly in the county of Caernarfonshire, it had a population of 1,020 in 2001, reducing slightly to 1,002 at the 2011 Census.
The village takes its name from Saint Petroc, a 6th-century Celtic saint. Petroc may be a form of the name Patrick, but Saint Petroc should not be confused with Saint Patrick. Saint Petrog's church is a grade II* listed building.South of the village is the headland and open area of Mynydd Tir-y-cwmwd. Granite quarrying was commercially important in the late 19th century and the first half of the 20th century. The quarry closed down in 1949.
54.0% of residents aged three and over reported being able to speak Welsh in the 2011 Census, as compared to 52.6% reporting being able to do so in the 2001 Census.
Holiday-makers started coming to Llanbedrog in significant numbers in the early 20th century, and the Pwllheli and Llanbedrog Tramway was built, linking the village to Pwllheli. Most of the track has now eroded and washed away but sections are still visible. The beach is now managed by the National Trust. In 1856 a dower house, "Plas Glyn-y-Weddw", was built in lower Llanbedrog for Lady Love Jones Parry. The house is now an important centre for the arts.
The community is home to RAF Penrhos, a refuge for Poles since 1949.
The Oratory of San Bernardino is a small Roman Catholic prayer hall or independently standing chapel, located on via Vallerozzi in Siena, region of Tuscany, Italy.
The oratory has frescoes from various 16th- and 17th-century Sienese painters. It is dedicated to the 13th-century preacher San Bernardino da Siena. The oratory is almost adjacent to the Basilica of San Francesco, Siena.
La nouvelle église est une église protestante de style gothique de Delft aux Pays-Bas.
L'église se trouve sur la Grand-Place de Delft et fait face à l'ancien hôtel de ville de Delft.
Son clocher de brique et pierre blanche et surmontée d'une flèche culmine à une hauteur de 108,75 m. Il est quadrangulaire à la base et octogonal au sommet. Sa tour est la deuxième plus haute tour d'édifice religieux néerlandaise, après celle de la cathédrale Saint-Martin d'Utrecht, culminant à 112 mètres.
Un élément de la renommée de cette église tient au fait qu'elle abrite le caveau des princes de la maison d'Orange-Nassau.
National Records of Scotland is a non-ministerial department of the Scottish Government. It is responsible for civil registration, the census in Scotland, demography and statistics, family history and the national archives and historical records.National Records of Scotland was formed from the merger of the General Register Office for Scotland and the National Archives of Scotland in 2011, and combines all the functions of the two former organisations. The offices of Registrar General for Scotland and Keeper of the Records of Scotland remain separate, but since 2011 both have been vested ex officio in the Chief Executive of National Records of Scotland, currently Paul Lowe.
The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum is a museum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States, with more than 28,000 Western and American Indian art works and artifacts. The facility also has the world's most extensive collection of American rodeo photographs, barbed wire, saddlery, and early rodeo trophies. Museum collections focus on preserving and interpreting the heritage of the American West. The museum becomes an art gallery during the annual Prix de West Invitational Art Exhibition and Sale each June. The Prix de West Artists sell original works of art as a fund raiser for the Museum. The expansion and renovation was designed by Curtis W. Fentress, FAIA, RIBA of Fentress Architects.
The Museum of Somerset is located in the 12th-century great hall of Taunton Castle, in Taunton in the county of Somerset, England. The museum is run by South West Heritage Trust, an independent charity and includes objects initially collected by the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society who own the castle.
Until 2008 the museum was known as the Somerset County Museum. Heritage Lottery Fund support was obtained to improve the museum, and the new museum reopened at the end of September 2011.
Exhibits include the Frome Hoard, the Low Ham Roman Mosaic, the bronze-age South Cadbury shield and a range of other objects relating to the history of the county.
The Oscar Niemeyer Museum is located in the city of Curitiba, in the state of Paraná, in Brazil. It was inaugurated in 2002 with the name Novo Museu or New Museum. With the conclusion of remodeling and the construction of a new annex, it was reinaugurated on July 8, 2003, with the current denomination to honor its famous architect who completed this project at 95 years of age. It is also known as Museu do Olho or Niemeyer's Eye , due to the design of the building.The museum focuses on the visual arts, architecture and design. For its magnificence, beauty and for the importance of the collection, it represents a cultural institution of international significance. The complex of two buildings, installed in an area of 35 thousand square meters , it is a true example of architecture allied with art. The first building was designed by Oscar Niemeyer in 1967, faithful to the style of the time, and conceived as an educational institute, which was opened in 1978.The museum features many of Niemeyer's signature elements: bold geometric forms, sculptural curved volumes placed prominently to contrast with rectangular volumes, sinuous ramps for pedestrians, large areas of white painted concrete, and areas with vivid murals or paintings. Though rooted in modern architecture since his involvement in the international style, Niemeyer's designs have much in common with postmodern architecture as well and this is as contemporary a building as the artwork it displays.
Le musée Horne, est un des musées privés de la ville de Florence, situé au 6, via di Benci dans un palais typiquement florentin, le palazzo Corsi, dont les collections sont issues du legs en 1916 de Herbert Horne, historien de l'art et collectionneur britannique avisé et un des fondateurs du Burlington Magazine.
Gravement endommagé pendant les inondations de Florence de 1966, les travaux de restauration ont duré jusqu'en 1989.
The Museo Civico di Bassano del Grappa is the town art and architecture museum located on Piazza Garibaldi #34 in Bassano del Grappa, in the Vicenza province of the region of the Veneto, in northern Italy. It is housed in a former Franciscan convent.
Le château de Versailles est un château et un monument historique français qui se situe à Versailles, dans les Yvelines, en France. Il fut la résidence des rois de France Louis XIV, Louis XV et Louis XVI. Le roi et la cour y résidèrent de façon permanente du 6 mai 1682 au 6 octobre 1789, à l'exception des années de la Régence de 1715 à 1723.
Situés au sud-ouest de Paris, ce château et son domaine visaient à glorifier la monarchie française.
Le château est constitué d'une succession d'éléments ayant une harmonie architecturale. Il s'étale sur 63 154 m2, répartis en 2 300 pièces, dont, actuellement, 1 000 pièces de musée.
Le parc du château de Versailles s'étend sur 815 ha, contre plus de 8 000 ha avant la Révolution française, dont 93 ha de jardins. Il comprend de nombreux éléments, dont le Petit et le Grand Trianon , le hameau de la Reine, le Grand et le Petit Canal, une ménagerie , une orangerie et la pièce d'eau des Suisses.
Eugène Delacroix est un peintre français né le 26 avril 1798 à Charenton-Saint-Maurice et mort le 13 août 1863 à Paris.
Dans la peinture française du XIXe siècle, il est considéré comme le principal représentant du romantisme, dont la vigueur correspond à l'étendue de sa carrière. À quarante ans, sa réputation est suffisamment établie pour lui permettre de recevoir d'importantes commandes de l'État. Il peint sur toile et décore les murs et plafonds de monuments publics. Il laisse en outre des gravures et lithographies, plusieurs articles écrits pour des revues et un Journal publié peu après sa mort et plusieurs fois réédité. Remarqué au Salon en 1824, il produit dans les années suivantes des œuvres s'inspirant d'anecdotes historiques ou littéraires aussi bien que d'événements contemporains ou d'un voyage au Maghreb .
Le musée des Beaux-Arts et de la Dentelle est situé dans la ville d'Alençon, préfecture de l'Orne en région Normandie.
Il fait découvrir à ses visiteurs la dentelle d'Alençon, outre la discipline des beaux-arts et un espace sur l'ethnographie du Cambodge en 1900.
Le musée des Beaux-Arts de Quimper est un musée d'art situé à Quimper. Il voit le jour en 1864, grâce au comte Jean-Marie de Silguy qui lègue la totalité de sa collection à sa ville natale, à la seule condition qu’un musée y soit construit pour accueillir ses peintures et dessins. C'est aujourd'hui l'un des principaux musées d'arts de l'ouest de la France, présentant de riches collections de peinture française , italienne, flamande et hollandaise du XIVe siècle à nos jours.
Ouvert au public en 1980, le musée départemental Maurice-Denis situé dans la maison-atelier du peintre éponyme, à Saint-Germain-en-Laye, abrite des œuvres de Maurice Denis et des peintres symbolistes et nabis. Le musée est actuellement fermé pour travaux. Il devrait rouvrir en 2021.