L'Allentown Art Museum è situato ad Allentown, in Pennsylvania, e ospita una collezione di oltre 14.000 opere d'arte e un'importante biblioteca. Il museo è stato fondato nel 1934 dal pittore impressionista Walter Emerson Baum, con l'esposizione delle opere di artisti locali; in seguito il patrimonio museale è stato ampliato con alcune importanti donazioni. Nel 1975 è stato trasferito in un nuovo edificio, in cui è presente anche una sala progettata da Frank Lloyd Wright, come parte della sua collezione permanente.
L'Accademia Albertina è una istituzione universitaria per lo studio delle belle arti, con sede a Torino.
The Akron Art Museum is an art museum in Akron, Ohio, United States. The museum first opened on February 1, 1922, as the Akron Art Institute. It was located in two borrowed rooms in the basement of the public library. The Institute offered classes in arts appreciation which were organized by Edwin Coupland Shaw and his wife Jennifer Bond Shaw. Its first permanent home was the Akron Public Library, a Carnegie library building, from 1948 to 1981. It has grown considerably since 1922. The new museum was open to the public on July 17, 2007, and hosts visiting shows from national and international collections.
Wiltshire is a county in South West England with an area of 3,485 km2 . It is landlocked and borders the counties of Dorset, Somerset, Hampshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire. The county town was originally Wilton, after which the county is named, but Wiltshire Council is now based in the county town of Trowbridge. Within the county's boundary are two unitary authority areas, Wiltshire and Swindon, governed respectively by Wiltshire Council and Swindon Borough Council. Wiltshire is characterised by its high downland and wide valleys. Salisbury Plain is noted for being the location of the Stonehenge and Avebury stone circles and other ancient landmarks, and as a training area for the British Army. The city of Salisbury is notable for its medieval cathedral. Important country houses open to the public include Longleat, near Warminster, and the National Trust's Stourhead, near Mere. It is a UNESCO Cultural and World Heritage site.
The Miró Wall is a ceramic tiled wall designed by Spanish artist Joan Miró for the Wilhelm Hack Museum in Ludwigshafen, Germany. The wall, which comprises 7,200 tiles, is 55 metres wide and 10 metres high.
Villa medicea del Poggio Imperiale
La Villa Medicea del Poggio Imperiale si trova sul colle di Arcetri, sul sistema del Viale dei Colli a Firenze. Originariamente era una villa medicea chiamata di Poggio Baroncelli, anche se oggi è la villa medicea dall'aspetto meno rinascimentale, legata soprattutto al periodo barocco e neoclassico . La Villa è una delle poche ville medicee aperta al pubblico come museo, ogni domenica mattina .
The University of Cumbria is a public university in Cumbria, with its headquarters in Carlisle and other major campuses in Lancaster, Ambleside, and London. It opened its doors in 2007, and has roots extending back to the Society for the Encouragement of Fine Arts, established in 1822, and the teacher training college established by Charlotte Mason in the 1890s.
The University of Chichester is a public university located in West Sussex, England, which became a university in 2005. Campuses are based in the city of Chichester and the nearby coastal resort of Bognor Regis and an associate campus for commercial music on the Isle of Wight.The University of Chichester has 14 departments, with specialisms including Humanities, Sport, Musical Theatre and Education. Its heritage stretches back into the nineteenth century when, in 1839, Bishop Otter College was established. Since 2013, both campuses have seen major expansion-led building works through National Lottery funding and other funding. The University of Chichester is a member of The Cathedrals Group.
Amsterdam University Library is the library of the University of Amsterdam and the Academic Medical Centre . The central complex of the Library is in the town centre at Singel, close to Heiligeweg and Koningsplein. The Library's Special Collections are housed nearby at Oude Turfmarkt, next to UvA's Allard Pierson Museum. The Library also has a large book depot in the grounds of the AMC, with over 40.5 kilometers of books and other materials. The foundation Friends of the Library of the University of Amsterdam regularly donates special manuscripts or rare editions to the library collection.
Il giardino delle Tuileries è un giardino alla francese pubblico ubicato fra il Museo del Louvre e Place de la Concorde nel I arrondissement di Parigi. Creato da Caterina de' Medici come giardino del Palazzo delle Tuileries nel 1564, venne aperto al pubblico nel 1667 e divenne un parco pubblico dopo la Rivoluzione francese. Nel XIX e nel e XX secolo è stato il luogo celebrato dai parigini per il passeggio ed il relax.
The Pickaquoy Centre is a multi-use leisure centre in Kirkwall, Orkney, Scotland. It has a 1,600 seat arena with bleacher style seating, which can be condensed and used as a sports hall, with room for two five a side football pitches. The football pitches host Orkney F.C. of the North Caledonian Football League and also the Orkney official football team. It also has a 247-seat cinema, numerous meeting rooms, health spa, gym, indoor and outdoor children's play areas, a cafe and bar. Outside, there is an All Weather Pitch, used for football and hockey, several grass pitches used for football and rugby and an athletics track. The centre also has a campsite within its grounds.
The Bishop's Palace and accompanying Bishops House at Wells in the English county of Somerset, is adjacent to Wells Cathedral and has been the home of the Bishops of the Diocese of Bath and Wells for 800 years. It has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade I listed building. Building of the palace started around 1210 by Bishops Jocelin of Wells and Reginald Fitz Jocelin. The chapel and great hall were added by Bishop Robert Burnell between 1275 and 1292. The walls, gatehouse and moat were added in the 14th century by Bishop Ralph of Shrewsbury. The Bishops House was added in the 15th century by Bishop Thomas Beckington. The great hall later fell into disrepair and was partially demolished around 1830. The palace was originally surrounded by a medieval deer park. When the walls were built, streams were diverted to form the moat as a reservoir. In the 1820s, the grounds within the walls were planted and laid out as pleasure grounds by Bishop George Henry Law, who created a reflecting pond near the springs. Parts of the buildings are still used as a residence by the current bishop, however much of the palace is now used for public functions and as a tourist attraction.
Streetlife Museum of Transport
The Streetlife Museum of Transport is a transport museum located in Kingston upon Hull, England. The roots of the collection date back to the early 20th century, however the purpose-built museum the collection is housed in was opened in 1989 by the then Hull East MP, John Prescott. Core areas of the collection include Veteran cars, horse-drawn carriages and objects relating to local public transport. The museum forms part of the Museums Quarter in Hull, based on the historic High Street in the Old Town of the city. The Museums Quarter comprises the Streetlife Museum, the Hull and East Riding Museum , the Arctic Corsair trawler and Wilberforce House Museum. The site is managed by Hull Museums, a department of Hull City Council on behalf of the people of the city.
Stavropol' è una città della Russia sud-occidentale, centro amministrativo del territorio omonimo. La sua popolazione, nel 2015, era di 425 853 abitanti.
St Thomas' Hospital is a large NHS teaching hospital in Central London, England. It is one of the institutions that compose the King's Health Partners, an academic health science centre. Administratively part of the Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, together with Guy's Hospital and King's College Hospital, it provides the location of the King's College London GKT School of Medical Education. Originally located in Southwark, but based in Lambeth since 1871, the hospital has provided healthcare freely or under charitable auspices since the 12th century. It is one of London's most famous hospitals, associated with names such as Sir Astley Cooper, William Cheselden, Florence Nightingale, Linda Richards, Edmund Montgomery, Agnes Elizabeth Jones and Sir Harold Ridley. It is a prominent London landmark – largely due to its location on the opposite bank of the River Thames to the Houses of Parliament. St Thomas' Hospital is accessible from Westminster tube station , Waterloo station and Lambeth North tube station .
Chiesa di San Giacomo (Anversa)
La chiesa di San Giacomo, o in fiammingo Sint-Jacobskerk, è uno dei più importanti edifici storico-religiosi della città fiamminga di Anversa, in Belgio. La chiesa ospita il Vlaamse Werkgroep voor Hedendaagse Latijnse Liturgie "Gruppo fiammingo per la Liturgia latina contemporanea", ramo della Vereniging voor Latijnse Liturgie, "Associazione per la Liturgia latina" sede nei Paesi Bassi. La chiesa accoglie in una cappella la tomba di Pieter Paul Rubens.
La Scuola del Santo o Scoletta, sede storica dell'Arciconfraternita di sant'Antonio da Padova, aggetta sul sagrato della Basilica di Sant'Antonio a Padova, proprio di fianco all'oratorio di San Giorgio. La Scoletta, eretta dalla Confraternita nel 1427, venne sopraelevata nel 1504 con la Sala Priorale decorata da un ciclo di quindici affreschi e tre tele, al quale tra il 1510 ed il 1511 lavorò anche il giovane Tiziano Vecellio. Nel 1510, a Tiziano vennero affidati tre episodi dei Miracoli di sant'Antonio da Padova, il Miracolo del neonato, il Miracolo del piede risanato e il Miracolo del marito geloso. I tre grandi affreschi eseguiti dal giovane artista da aprile a dicembre 1511, nella sala principale della Scuola del Santo, rappresentano il primo vero grande lavoro autonomo di Tiziano. Sorprendentemente, un attento esame della descrizione pittorica dell'affresco il Miracolo del marito geloso rivela un passaggio in cui il giovane Tiziano ha descritto il volume del braccio alzato della moglie, nel centro dell'azione, da scolpire in rilievo reale, piuttosto che descriverlo illusionisticamente, chiaramente visibile in una fotografia scattata in luce radente.
School of Oriental and African Studies
La School of Oriental and African Studies - normalmente abbreviata in "SOAS", pronuncia ['səuæs] o ['səuæz] - è un College costitutivo dell'Università di Londra, specializzato in lingue, studi umanistici, economia e giurisprudenza delle aree culturali dell'Asia, dell'Africa e del Vicino e Medio Oriente. La SOAS normalmente prevede un'offerta formativa per più di 300 undergraduate e oltre 70 corsi intensivi annuali . Diplomi di Master of Philosophy e di PhD sono anche offerti in ogni Dipartimento accademico. Fondata nel 1916, la SOAS ha diplomato e laureato numerosi Capi di Stato, ministri governativi, ambasciatori, giudici di Corti Supreme, un Premio Nobel per la Pace e molti altri esponenti di rilievo nei settori economici delle superpotenze emergenti e dei Next Eleven. Situata nel centro di Londra, presso Russell Square, la SOAS definisce se stessa come "il centro leader mondiale per lo studio delle diverse realtà dell'Asia, dell'Africa e del Vicino e Medio Oriente", ed è normalmente considerata dai governi britannici tra le massime università del Paese [1][2]